dimanche 16 septembre 2007

Aussies come to Paris

So where have I been for the past month? Why haven't I blogged? Because the whole world has been coming to visit me in Paris and I haven't had the time to stop and write about it - which is a good thing I think! So, when I say the whole world, maybe this only entitles - Sophie, my aunty, uncle, lucy, jessica, matt, joel, jess and bethaney. But you have to admit - that's a fair number of people within 4 weeks.

I had a great time with everyone and am so pleased that people could come over to visit. It's nice to be reminded of home every now and then. So the family (aunt,uncle and cousins) made a quick stopover in Paris - 2 nights is apparently enough for this great place. We had a fab time, seeing the sights, climbing the sights, eating and catching up. It was a shame it was so short but we certainly packed it full of stuff!


Matt and Joel made a great 4 day trip which was probably filled with as much alcohol as I have drunk since the beginning of this year in Paris. I forget how you aussies drink! Such a different culture, it was a real readjustment to make. Their visit happened to co-incide with the opening of the Rugby world cup (check blog later for all the rugby highlights), so we spent our time cheering on the wallabies in an aussie pub in the centre of Paris. Jess was also able to join us from Reims for the festivities and a good time was had by all.

Christian and the aussie ladies


Matt, Jess and Joel - Rugby World Cup opener


Sophie, who knows what Paris has to offer, decided to stay for 3 weeks. It was so great to see Soph and to catch up on her life in oz. We had a really nice time and just being around her made me remember so much of what is good about Australia. We also caught up over a coffee and crêpe with Bethaney, which was lovely.

Sophie and I (the day she bought Chanel - ooh la la)

Lunch in Soph's fave district - the Marais

Picnic in the gardens of Château de Versailles (hands off Marie-Antoinette - they're for us!)

Soph's birthday - midnight outside the eiffel tower (we are so romantic!)

So all in all, a great month! Looking forward to seeing more of you guys in October and November.

Aucun commentaire: